4.14.2009

We Wait.

Wayne is in the O.R.

They got a late start - his surgery started at 11:25 am.... We waited together in the pre-op unit, watching Doctors come and go - watching other patients and hearing their stories through the sheet curtains. They shaved his chest, talked to us about the procedure, what to expect post-op, and how his pain would be managed. 

Wayne was impatient; he loathes waiting. As anxious as he was, he said mostly he was relieved to be moving forward. To get the tumor out. He was not scared. Just brave. 

Dr. Parker is expecting surgery to last 3-4 hours. He is such a great guy - gave Wayne a hardy handshake and me a big hug. It's easy to believe that everything is going to be okay. I ventured to ask how big the tumor was. It's as big as a lemon. Wayne and I just looked at each other like, "What?!" How had we not asked this question before? I was expecting them to say a couple of inches long. Still in shock about that. 

For now we're sitting in the waiting room, waiting for news.

I'll post as soon as I can. I know you are anxious to hear.



4 comments:

  1. Kellie1:41 PM

    Val, I think I am glad you didn't ask that question before hand. Otherwise, you would have worried a lot more and Wayne wouldn't have been able to enjoy the last week like he did! Blessings, huh?!?! I am thinking of you in that waiting room, hoping that you are not too bored or worried. Hang in there, girl! He is in good hands.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Waiting with you...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous3:15 PM

    Val, We have never met, but I've been following your journey these last few weeks. My daughter, Hannah, is in preschool at Little Blessings and I substitute at the preschool from time to time. I have helped in Caeden's class a few times, and I must tell you, that little boy of yours struck a chord in my heart long before I knew anything about his Dad. There is just something special about him!! So, even though you don't know me, I am praying non-stop today for Wayne and will continue to do so in the weeks to come as he recovers. Take care. I look forward to meeting you someday. Kirsten Compton

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is amazing how easy it has been for me to work and pray at the same time today.

    ReplyDelete

 
/* Use this with templates/template-twocol.html */