4.13.2009

Tomorrow

Sorry this is so late being posted. After a ton of messages, I finally got the hint (and time) to post what is happening.

Wayne is in the hospital (Presbyterian St. Lukes) awaiting surgery tomorrow morning at 10:30. Dr. Parker will open Wayne's chest and stop his heart. He's going to tease out the tumor and re-route the pulmonary vein. The surgery should take 3-4 hours to complete. As soon as I have any news I will do my best to post here (I'll have my laptop with me).

Wayne will be in ICU for the remainder of tomorrow and the following day. He'll up and walking by day 2 and hopefully released from the hospital in 4-6 days.

He'll have 2-3 weeks of recovery before he'll be able to function at a reasonable level, but at least he'll be able to be at home, in his own bed, after the first week.

He is in GREAT spirits - you know Wayne. Absolutely ready to get this done, and move onto the next treatment. He is such an inspiration and so strong. I am proud to be his wife. He truly amazes me.

So. As soon as we get some news after surgery tomorrow, I'll post details ...

Thank you for your prayers. It means so much to us.

6 comments:

  1. Kellie8:47 AM

    You have been on my mind all weekend, and I went to log in yesterday at school and the BLOCKED your site!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! UGH! How could they!?!??! So I got to school today and it was unblocked!! I thought I was going to go crazy yesterday with the anxiety of not knowing what was going on with you!! Of course I could have checked at home last night, but forgot with all the chaos that the nighttime brings. Thankfully we have a late bus this AM so I have time to get caught up!! So, I will be thinking of you all morning, especially at 9:30 (since it is 10:30 your time). Wayne's and your strength is inspiring. You are beautiful people. Best wishes for an easy surgery and fast recovery! Keep us posted as you can!! We all love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will be thinking of you guys... Sending love and prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for keeping us in the loop. Sending lots of love your way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Val. Sending lots of prayers your way. I hope it all goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous10:53 AM

    Wayne and Val......Thinking of you both and wishing you the best. The entire Furchner bunch (and you know that's a lot!) has been sending lots and lots of love and prayers your way! Thanks for keeping us posted. Ps..please wish Caeden a happy birthday from us all. Can you believe our baby boys are 4 years old????
    Love you all! Cassie, Rick & the kids. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous11:54 AM

    We're thinking and praying for all of you!
    From the McVays in the Springs

    ReplyDelete

 
/* Use this with templates/template-twocol.html */