4.12.2009

5 words.


It all started early this morning with a jet-lagged Uncle John entertaining Caeden. Showing him the ropes of the vintage Slinky that the Easter Bunny tucked into his brown basket. (Does that first photo not look like a gritty Urban Outfitters ad?)



We waited for Claire to take her morning nap so that we could go to Mimi's house for brunch. To waste some time, a friendly game of 'get the balloon' was played. And played.




And that's about the time the great idea came to mind. "I must get the peeps."

You know, Peeps. The mushy marshmallow candy that hurts your teeth when you even mutter the name. Peeeeeeeps.

Grandpa and Caeden ate their weight in Peeps today. I am wondering why no one has reminded me to make Dentist appointments? I cannot be trusted to remember. Just so you know.



Something green is in his hand. I suspect it made it sticky. And if I look close, I bet I see green on the sofa, too. You gotta take the good with the bad, people.


Here we all are (missed you so much, Nik!) at Mimi's house. Fun, heart-felt, happy, and full are the five words I chose to describe our day.



My favorite picture of the day. Little girl, if your daddy could have had his heart healed by a touch, by a moment ... he would not be packing for the hospital tonight.

8 comments:

  1. I just read your post on the Snapshots board & I have to say... these pics look pretty fab! I think you did a great job! I really like the one where he is eating the Peep :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Val, I'll be thinking of you all tomorrow...keep us updated! Praying for Wayne HARD right now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:14 PM

    I must say, I LOVE your blog. I check it daily. And daily, I get teary-eyed. Your words and pictures are truly amazing. I will be thinking and praying for you all during this week (I have been since I heard the news...).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous9:54 PM

    I too, check your blog all the time. Every time, I am touched by your words and pictures. Know that so many prayers are coming your way from family and friends you have not even met :). Thinking and praying always -- Betty

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am praying for an easy surgery and fast recovery. You are not far from my thoughts.
    Thanks for sharing your weekend adventures...
    xoxo,
    Cat

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, this one made me cry! Your blogs are so filled with emotion and the pictures are just great! Thank you for letting us share your life with you. I am praying for Wayne and your family today. Much love.

    P.S. I love, love your rug! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous5:41 PM

    Val & wayne
    I've been thinking of you, and the whole family all week-end. Glad to see you had a good one. Birthday party,& family time, doesn't get much better.
    Tomorrow...Will be praying for Wayne
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that you antiqued all the photos, brilliant!

    Will you post the rest of the pictures on your Mac gallery?

    ReplyDelete

 
/* Use this with templates/template-twocol.html */