3.20.2009

First Outpatient Visit

Wayne will go to Dr. Hinshaw's office every MWF while he's under her care. Today was his first appt.

*His white blood cell count has not dropped yet, but it will over the weekend. Days 10-14 will be his lowest (meaning he is more prone to infections and tiredness).

*He has lost 10 pounds in one week.

*He feels better today than he has in 2 weeks.

*The MRI on his head and CT on his chest will be done before his heart surgery (which will be scheduled the week of April 6th).

*We are expecting 70 degree weather this weekend, so we'll be going for lots of walks and I'll be taking lots of pictures of him and the kids.

More on Monday ...

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:53 PM

    It is so hard not being there with you all the time. We know that you need your time together and time just to recuperate after being so down. Everyone at work here has been awesome with their acts of kindness and genuine concern. You all have a whole new group of followers at the Cancer Care Institute in Rapid City sending warm thoughts and sincere prayers your way. The Chemo nurses gave me lots of anti-nausea med possibilities to give to you to talk to your doctor about to help combat that severe nausea. Love you all so much. Dad and Mom...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:34 PM

    Just checking in to see how you are all doing today. I am glad Wayne felt better today! Good job on the chicken nuggets!! Whoot whoot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous2:01 AM

    There really aren't words to describe my friendship and love for Wayne, we've always just had this understanding that its good if we talked a week ago or months ago...no explanation needed, its a relatioship that I share with only a couple people in this world, he's been there when I've been at my best and at my worst. I'm lucky to have a friend that could handle 25 yrs of me, I'm not low-maitenence! Wayne and Val, I'm here for anything you know that...I didnt take the best man role for granted. TK

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous7:43 AM

    Hi guys....just letting you know we think of you and this life's journey each day. thank you for the blog - it seems like we are right there with you - feeling not only your pain, but the love. you are amazing. thank you for sharing your lives with all of us. love you
    pam

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

 
/* Use this with templates/template-twocol.html */