4.29.2010

Today ... So Random.


Too lazy to search for my camera manual, I just googled it. I am almost a little sad I had to live without the internet in my younger years. Think of all that time I could have wasted online ... being lazy...but resourceful!

Today I am in a country music sort of mood. It's snowing outside and it feels good to have something low-key playing.  Here's a peek what my old school playlist looks like today...


Here is my new favorite eye candy: Peekaboo Photography. If I can make my dream happen of having both - a studio and land for natural light (still my passion) - I would want it to be like this company... I adore.

I have many a girlfriend who are all on the fitness bandwagon. Big time. Running marathons like crazy people. And, once upon a time, I was like that, too. Running a marathon is still on my "have to do before I can't" list. Training for them takes so much time. I don't have that.

But I do have my treadmill at the gym to keep me in check ... and maybe I'll run that marathon yet. Anyway, all you ladies out there who are doing this - do you ever run in skirts? I am seeing them all over the place at the gym and they are so dang cute. Let me know!

 This one from Lululemon (how did you know that was coming?)

3 comments:

  1. I have been eyeing them too. May have to stop by luluemon next month when we're in Austin. They are super cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I ran a marathon last fall (my first, still can't believe I did it!) and have to say that I loved all that training as an excuse to buy a ton of cute training clothes! LOL. But when you run that far the clothes really, truly do matter. I do have a few of those skirts but have relegated them to my weight training, or aerobics days, not for distance running. For me, the skirt isn't the issue. It is the built-in shorts underneath. For me, those creep way up and my thighs then rub together (it seems the only place that I'm generously endowed is in my thighs. sigh.) And the chafing is horrendous. I settled on fitted lycra shorts that extend 3/4 of the way to the knee. But I still do love the skorts for other workouts. (Oh, and seriously, you CAN train for a marathon and have a life. Check out Jeff Galloway. I used his "to finish" regimen and fit it into my life without making huge sacrifices.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amy -- Great info. Thank you! Adding you to the blog roll call... ;)

    P.S. Are you going to run another??

    ReplyDelete

 
/* Use this with templates/template-twocol.html */