1.30.2010

Sweet Potato Fries

I have a thing for sweet potato fries. I also have a swimming suit that I need to get into in 3 weeks. My life is a paradox, I tell you.

Enter this recipe. Making it tomorrow and probably every day after (my plain grilled chicken breast and cheerio diet needs some variety).


Link to recipe here: Annie's Eats.

Baked Sweet Potato Fries
Ingredients:
2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled
2 tbsp. olive oil
1 tbsp. light brown sugar
1/2 tsp. kosher salt, plus extra for sprinkling
1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
Directions:
Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.  Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil greased with cooking spray.
Halve the sweet potatoes lengthwise and cut each half into long spears.  (Soak in cold water for 20-30 minutes before continuing for crispy texture outside.  Drain well and pat dry.)  Place the potato spears on the sheet pan and toss with olive oil.  Spread them in a single layer.  Combine the brown sugar, salt, and pepper and sprinkle on the potatoes.  Bake for 15 minutes, then turn with a spatula or tongs.  Bake for another 5 to 10 minutes, until lightly browned.  Sprinkle lightly with kosher salt and serve hot.

This recipe was adapted from Barefoot Contessa - who just happens to be my favorite, favorite, FAVORITE author of cookbooks.



P.S. I ate chips and salsa and guac today. When I start freaking out the bikini issue, please remind me that my will power tends to suck. Thanks.

1 comment:

  1. You hit it on the head with your last comment! I am the same way. NO stress, no stress, no stress!

    ReplyDelete

 
/* Use this with templates/template-twocol.html */