6.11.2009

Right Now.

Wayne is feeling good. Took Caeden to summer camp and is going to go clean out the truck.

Claire is squawking in her crib in protest of a nap.

I haven't showered in 2 days and my hair looks like a throw-back of the beehive hair-do era.

I am devouring a still warm from the oven banana-chocolate chip muffin from my sweet neighbor, Kim.

My feet hurt from doing yard work in flip flops. My back hurts from not "lifting with my knees."

This photograph is inspiring to me to recreate with Caeden and Claire (to hang in laundry room of course):
(I cannot remember where I downloaded it from, sorry!)


I love Neutrogena Make Up Remover wipes. My mascara is stubborn and I have been amazed at how it slips right off with these wonder wipes. The bonus is you can fly with them in your carry on bag.

We are STILL trying to figure out if we should sell our house or lease it. Maybe we should take a vote. What do YOU think?

I have packed most everything in the house but still have to pack the basement and garage. Ugh.

I am house hunting in Rapid City and have fallen in love with the West Blvd. District. Found this house yesterday:

Cute #1
-It sits near a busy street so I worry about noise.
- The kitchen needs to be remodeled
-Love the curb appeal, the back yard is fenced, the price point makes remodeling possible

Found this one a couple of weeks ago:

Cute #2
-HUGE closets, original hardwood floors, great curb appeal
-Needs a new roof within 5 years (no leaks or anything, just old), one bathroom upstairs for 3 bedrooms, backyard is small, only 1 car garage.

Okay, break time is over. Back to the grind!

8 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:03 AM

    Hey send Wayne to my house when he is done! I have two cars that need to be cleaned out!!! I am not going to vote on the house decision just yet.....I always vote the wrong way, much like I always get in the slowest line at the grocery store. :) Will wait to see what others say before I decide. ha, ha. Good to hear everyone is up and at-em! Where are those pictures of Wayne's beautiful bald TAN head? We are waiting.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mark Bramer10:20 AM

    I don't have an opinion on the houses, but I think it's funny that the realtor's web page says "Black Hills Associtaion" (i.e., they misspelled "Association").

    Glad to hear Wayne is feeling well! Keep it up, buddy...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous6:40 PM

    I sent you an email.........SELL, SELL, SELL !!!!! Managing a lease from a distance is a nightmare - no it is worse than that. You will have headaches you never dreamed could happen. But WILL. And DO. Just speaking from experience. Love you guys - AWESOME Wayne is doing well ! Glad to hear it. Pam

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's fantastic that Wayne is feeling so good!

    It's good for your hair to skip washing it now and then, but you are gonna need a day at the spa when you get finished packing and moving. With your feeet and back hurting and all. ;)

    I use the Neutrogena make up remover wipes, too. They are great!

    I think you should sell it. You have so much going on right now, you shouldn't have to worry about a lease. But that's my opinion, and while I'm at it, I like cute #1. :)

    ~♥'s

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous9:58 PM

    Ok, I'll be a brave one and post an opinion. I LOVE house #1. Of course I have no idea on the feel of the house when you walk in, but the feel of the house from the pics makes me say that I love it. Just my opinion, remember.

    Val, will you be in Houston when Wayne comes back? Dave and I are going to go and visit him and would love to see you too.

    As always, hugs from TX,
    Mel & Dave

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous11:08 PM

    From the work that I do- I wouldn't lease or rent out a property. Esp. from a distance- no way Jose. People get stuck w/ deals gone bad. I don't recommend it. IMO, anywya. AND, I am in the W Blvd area DAILY cuz my son's daycare is off Mt Rushmore rd & we take side streets to get home- I love both those houses. #1 made me go "AWWW... I LOVE that!" Allison

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous8:11 AM

    GOSH, I LOVED HOUSE #2

    PL

    ReplyDelete
  8. Val, the only caveat I'd have about houses right on West Boulevard is they're in a Historical District, and as far as I know, there are some restrictions on what you can and cannot do with those properties. I don't know if the Fulton property falls within that protection area, though. Just a thought.

    ReplyDelete

 
/* Use this with templates/template-twocol.html */