6.05.2009

How It Goes

6 am - kids wake up

6:05 - Caeden asks for breakfast, to which I respond, "We have no milk, bread, or eggs." Caeden says, "Frozen waffle?" Nope. "Toaster Strudel??" Uh...no.

6:15 - We are at the grocery store. Caeden is following behind me, eating a donut straight from the case and still in his pajamas. Claire has hair sticking up all over the place and is also still in jammies. I look horrible, I'm sure, but I never looked in the mirror before we left, so God only knows how bad it really was.

7 am - Back at home, I am feeling like mother of the year because we now have food in the house.

8:30 - Caeden! You have summer camp today!!! (Just remembering). I quickly scramble to get him dressed, put together his snack and bottled water, and found some sunscreen to take along.

8:50 - Arrive at school only to see an empty parking lot. Summer camp was M-Thurs. ... we missed it.

9:00 - Not feeling like mother of the year because now I have a totally upset little boy in the back seat asking me where are all of his friends (That he has missed so much)???

Fast forward to 7:30 pm. The kids are in bed and I got exactly 3 boxes packed today. At this rate I'll be here for another 4 months. Or five.

Hoping to be more "with it" tomorrow. But hey, sometimes that's just how it goes.

In Wayne News:

The past 2 rounds have landed him in the hospital by day 3. He is doing great this time! He isn't nauseous and is cognitively sound. Wonderful, wonderful news. MDA is such a blessing. He's got 3 more days of chemo and will be home (hopefully) on Tuesday.

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:47 PM

    Oh Val, You cute little thing! That is exactly how I operate on an every day basis. I think you ARE mother of the year! You are cute.

    Kellie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I wish I was there to help you! I'd help you "power pack".

    Val, you are a super mom and wife. Your family is so lucky to have someone who loves them so much, and takes such great care of them.

    I'm so happy Wayne is doing better. You will all pull through this together.

    Sending happy thoughts and lots of love your way. God Bless! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous2:28 PM

    Val, I just wanted to tell you that I am thinking of you and your family. You are a WONDERFUL Mother and your kids are VERY lucky to have you.

    Melanie (from your photography class)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous7:12 PM

    Val,
    Well, I have visited your blog several times during photography class and always wanted to leave a comment, but didn't. Now I am. If this were me, I would want to be like you. Does that make sense? I want to say that I admire how you are handling life and so love that you want to capture it all. YOU are an inspiration to me. Please join us at Flickr- I am doing so shortly. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
    Sabrina Sane

    ReplyDelete

 
/* Use this with templates/template-twocol.html */