5.08.2009

Day 5 Update

Today is a new day. And a much better day!

Wayne started coming around early this morning. This afternoon he is making jokes and giving the nurses hell. He's going to have one more round of methylene blue (blue dye) to help with the toxicity levels and then he gets to come home tonight!

What a huge difference. Last night he thought he was in Houston, TX and thought it was the year 2002. He couldn't walk. He was really, really sick.

Can you believe what blue dye and some hydration can do??!

We can't wait to get him home.


4 comments:

  1. Anonymous3:27 PM

    I'm so glad to hear that today is a better day! Your old HP neighbors think about you all the time! Hang in there. :) Miss you guys...A. Hernandez & Cul-de-sac

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4:04 PM

    Such good news. Greg and I are praying for you all. Boy he is a fighter! Your optimism is an inspiration to us all. I don't know who the author is, but I love the quote, "Enjoy today, let God handle the rest". Words to live by!
    Heather and Greg LaBrune

    ReplyDelete
  3. Relief! I have been so worried about you guys all day and just relieved to hear that he is better.
    Try to enjoy the weekend together. Get some movies, lay around, take some pictures, rest...
    Will be thinking about you,
    P

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am thinking of you guys every day.

    On a side note, when my son was a baby he spent the better part of his 1st year in the hospital. At one point they were giving him that dye to see if he was aspirating his own saliva. My baby turned blue, not 02 sat blue but Smurf blue. Every part of him was tinged blue including wet diapers that were as blue as can be. It was so unsettling, I remember thinking he was going to be blue forever! LOL

    I hope tomorrow gets even better!

    ReplyDelete

 
/* Use this with templates/template-twocol.html */