4.06.2009

Quality Time


We braved rush hour traffic and went downtown to grab Lindsay and Jordan (love their location!) for some pizza. We literally walked around their building, walked across the street, and ta-da! We were at the best pizza place in Denver. Marco's Coal Fired Pizza. Since we have small children, it is a given that we eat wayyy early. In fact, we were ready for dinner during happy hour, so we (excluding Wayne) drank house red wine for $5 and thought we were pretty thrifty. And, no, I did not drink that glass in about 5 seconds flat.

It was 7 seconds.

A little back story: When I was pregnant with Caeden, I was craving NYC pizza. So, we hopped on a plane and spent the weekend in New York. It was heaven. Ahhh, the days before children when we had disposable income to do that sort of thing ...

So, I feel qualified to say this pizza was THAT good. Thin, awesome cheese (but not too much), and great toppings. Going back soon.






Plus, how cute is this idea? They came out with a plate full of pizza dough for Caeden to play with.


It is safe to say he had a good time.

There's my sister, Jordan, and Wayne all full and happy.


And best for last: quality family time, sugar.

P.S. I swear Claire was not left at home alone. I have no idea why she did not appear in any of the pictures. Strange, illusive baby...

7 comments:

  1. Kellie9:34 AM

    Now tell me, is Lindsay living in Denver? I thought she was in Texas! I still can't believe she is that grown up! I am glad you had a great time! Love the pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't believe this is Lindsay! I think she was about 7 the last time I saw her. Of course she is as beautiful now as she was when she was little. She can't help it....it's in her genes. ;)

    Great pic's, you looked like you had a wonderful time. I lived in Denver 10 years and had never eaten there. Shame on me. Oh, I miss Denver and want to go back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:46 AM

    It makes me happy to see Wayne out having a good time family. I hope you know my wife is going to make me take her to this pizza place the next time we are in Denver.

    Rick

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kellie - yes! Lindsay is here in Denver - I love having her so close.

    Teresa - you can come back and visit anytime. How is it that we just keep missing each other?

    Rick - We cannot wait to see you two down here. Tell Vanessa that we'll shop til' we can't walk anymore, and then we'll meet you guys for pizza.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice! We were so glad you guys came down, had so much fun!! Thanks again for coming down! Love you!

    l + j

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whoops - writing on Jordan's account - again! He's always mysteriously logged on :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous3:56 PM

    Val, stop saying things about shopping to my husband or we'll never make it down there! :)
    Looks like a wonderful meal and time together!
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete

 
/* Use this with templates/template-twocol.html */