3.14.2009

Today is the day

First of all, I wanted to thank everyone for their outpouring of support. This the first time I have blogged on this site and wished it was under different circumstances. I have heard from friends all over country, old friends from high school and colleagues and it has truly touched me. I haven't been able to reach back but I promise to in the weeks to come.

As I write this, I am sitting at my new hospital awaiting my first round of chemotherapy. I should be starting in about two hours (1PM Mountain time). I am so excited to get started and get the treatment underway.

I did get a bit of good news in that they think they may send me home on Tuesday or Wednesday of next week instead of keeping me in the hospital. I am trying not to get my hopes up to high but I would love nothing more to be at home with my wife and kids. That truly has been one of the hardest things about this past week.

I will try and keep everyone updated on how it is going. It doesn't sound like too much will change for the next few days so hopefully will be able to start answering back all of your messages.

Again, thank you for all of your thoughts and prayers. I feel great and am ready to get this going and will need those as we move forward.

Wayne

13 comments:

  1. Hey Wayne,
    My sister has always said throughout her cancer treatment that it's 'all in the attitude'....your attitude is fantastic! Keep your head up. Know that the chemo is working...We love you!
    Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto on what Nellers said..What a fantastic attitude. I think it will actually help all of us worry warts, knowing that you are going into "battle" with such amazing strength and an incredible attitude. I know I already feel better about the situation. And, great news that you may be re-kooping (play on words there) at home. Awesome! We'll be thinking about you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous1:33 PM

    So glad you are blogging Wayne! I can't wait to come see you in the new location. Love you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous1:40 PM

    Well looks like now you have started your treatment since past 1:00. I'm thinking of you on this journey and hope that the chemo attacks all it needs too. Your attitude is wonderful and will be a great witness to all those that have to go through the same thing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous2:34 PM

    Hey Wayne, thanks for the update! You've definitely got the right attitude and supporting cast! You da man! We're praying for you night and day. Keep your head up, enjoy each day and let God take care of tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous2:38 PM

    Wayne and Val
    Glad to hear your treatment has begun and you will soon be home with your family. Love, attitude and power of prayer are all great healing tools. You seem to have a magnitude of them. We think of your strength and courage and wish you well. Take care and we'll keep in touch. Love, hugs and prayers to you all. Tom and Pam

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous3:56 PM

    Hi Wayne! I am thinking of you and wishing you the best in your chemo treatments! Keep up the great attitude and know that there are a lot of people out there rooting for you! Best of luck to you. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

    Kellie (Culbertson) Burns

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wayne, we are all pulling for a complete recovery! You will beat this! Stay strong and positive. You and the family will stay in my prayers. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous5:32 AM

    Wayne, I am honored to take your little man to and from school each day, but I can't wait until I can walk around that corner and see you standing there with him again! Thinking of you and praying for you constantly.
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous12:39 PM

    Wayne, I am sending all of my prayers your way and asking people I know here to pray for you and your family. With God anything is possible. I know you can beat this!

    Love to you and your family:)

    Jody Penticoff (Schill)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous1:56 PM

    Hi Wayne, We're thinking about you and saying prayers daily. We are so touched by all the people praying for you and helping you through this. Keep the faith, buddy, God can and does work miracles. Hugs to the family.
    Laura & Austin

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous11:14 AM

    Wayne,
    Thanks so much for the blog and update! We count it a privilege to be included as prayer support for your care. It is an amazing experience to be in the middle of a net of support and realize the countless ways we are truly part of one another.
    Pastor Bruce

    ReplyDelete

 
/* Use this with templates/template-twocol.html */