3.10.2009

Cancer.

This word will forever divide our lives into the before and after.

Right now I am not even sure where to start.

He had a cough for months and pain in his hip that we thought was an inflamed broca sack . He went into the hospital for what we thought was pneumonia but soon found out the extent of his illness.

We do not have a diagnosis yet, but oncology has confirmed it is a type of sarcoma and it stage 4. Most likely the cancer started in his hip and has spread to his lungs.

This is the most devastating time in our lives but we are doing our best to take each day one at a time.

I ask all of you to please pray for Wayne.

I will update the blog as I know more.

8 comments:

  1. My thoughts are with you...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wayne and Val -

    Our hearts are breaking at the pain and suffering that you are feeling and are going through. You are in our prayers. I wish that there is something that we could do. we love you.

    Jeff and Delise

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous6:58 AM

    Rick and I will be thinking of and praying for you guys everyday. We are so sorry you, Wayne, and your families have to go through this.
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Val,
    Words can't express how sorry I am that your family has to go through this. I am praying for you this minute. I know your family is very precious to God and He is holding you all VERY tightly right now. Stay strong! And PLEASE, if I can do ANYTHING, please let me know. We love you.
    Whitney

    ReplyDelete
  5. The first line of your post is so profound and really hits home. It is a word that divides our lives. I am so truly sorry that you all have to experience it's powerful existence. Your love is strong and can conquer anything.
    I am with you,
    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous8:20 AM

    I am so sorry for what you are having to deal with right now. Please know I will be praying for you and your family during this hard time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous10:45 AM

    I am praying.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous3:31 AM

    Oh Val....I am heartbroken to hear this. I am so so sorry. I am praying for Wayne, you and the kids with all my heart.

    ReplyDelete

 
/* Use this with templates/template-twocol.html */