8.12.2008

Andes Mint Cookies


I got this recipe from another blog years ago and love them! Just wanted to share a fun after school snack for all our kiddos (and the rest of us!).

I use the green Andes mints most of the time, but at Valentine's Day I break out the red ones (usually you can find the red at Christmas - I just freeze em until Feb.)



ANDES MINT COOKIES

3/4 c. butter (or margarine)
1 1/2 c. brown sugar
2 T. water

Melt in a saucepan over medium heat until melted and then add:

2 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips, stirring until completely melted.

Cool for 10 minutes. Pour into a mixing bowl and beat in 2 eggs.

Add:
2 1/2 c. four
1 1/4 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt

Mix together and chill for about 45 minutes. Roll into balls (like 1 - 1 1/2 inches big), flatten slightly, and place on cookie sheet. Bake at 350 for 10 minutes (for my oven, this is the perfect time, keeping my cookies soft; your oven may be slightly different).

When cookies come out of the oven, place an Andes mint on top of each cookie and allow to melt for a few minutes. Swirl the melted chocolate like icing. Allow to cool.

2 comments:

 
/* Use this with templates/template-twocol.html */