8.07.2010

Firsts.


Me: Caeden, kindergarten is a long word. Do you want me to write it?
Caeden: Of course not. Where is the chalk?

5 or 6 letters in ...

Caeden: Mom, this word never ends. I need to stop.
Me: You can stop if I can take your picture (haha).


Goofing around, although this picture looks pretty serious. There were numerous outtakes of the apple falling off. So cute and fun.



Everyone in Caeden's entire school wore the same t-shirt on the first day. I love the idea of that - I know it must have made the kids feel like they were not so different from each other ... and that they were all in this together.



His first day was really good. He was excited and ready. I didn't cry (another first - ha).

I asked him what his favorite part of his day was.

Caeden: Talking to Ms. Marchese (his new teacher - she is an absolute doll).

***

Wayne is home. Dave and Donna are leaving this morning. I need to step up and find a routine for all of us that makes sense so that everyone gets what they need. This morning when Claire woke up, she wouldn't even come to me. Wanted to snuggle with Grandma only. It's a sign that I need to spend more time with her (and Caeden).

But, today is a new day.

Swimming pool, maybe some picture taking...

And if I can get the kids to laugh, and Wayne to have what he needs ... well ... I know we are all on our way to better days.

4 comments:

  1. You can do it, lady! I have complete confidence in the fact that you are a beautiful soul striving to make life beautiful for all those that you touch. Remember our plane conversation and the 20 minutes of play? It really does work wonders. Love, light, and prayers from me to you. xoxo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look like a beautiful, proud, kinder mom. It's such a thrilling milestone I am still reveling in.

    As for Claire..I know from experience it is just the subliminal magic that all grandmas hold on their grandchildren. It's not you..Trust me! It happens to me every time. I can't even get a handhold-across-the-street in when they are around. It's okay.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous7:23 PM

    You continue to inspire and bring to light what is important in love and family! What a strong, beautiful and inspirational woman you are! Claire is lucky! xo Kacie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yea, Caeden! Such a big boy...tall and skinny. A little different from the little boy I used to know. ;)
    Brant starts the 18th...I can't believe i'm not panicking yet. But he is ready, I think.
    THanks for your comments on my blog. We are excited but kind of freaking out. I mean, 3 kids? Two is doable...3 might be a bit harder. :)
    Love you and love your updates. Tell Wayne to hang in there. We're always thinking of you!
    luv, Whit

    ReplyDelete

 
/* Use this with templates/template-twocol.html */