5.03.2010

Haze.

Blogger is messed up today and won't let me post pictures or links. So, I guess this is just a story telling day.

Wayne is having chemo as I type this. His port access is good (a port is a device inserted surgically under his skin to act as an instant IV to administer chemo).

He left this morning with a smile.

I cried and could not look at him.

He has texted me already to tell me things are going slow but good.

We have two weeks of this.

I have no idea how he is going to feel. Or if he will want to eat.

So, I wander around the house in a haze.

Should let my OCD cleaning tendencies kick in but I don't have the energy.

Should do laundry but I am not.

Claire has a fever. I am doing lots of baths to cool her off.

Caeden cried and cried this morning when he woke up when I told him Wayne was starting chemo again (for those who don't know, he has been on break for 5 months). That usually means a sick Dad, a distracted, stressed out Mom, and a lot of talk that children shouldn't have to hear, like, "Well, at least this time I don't have a drip line of Doxirubicin, so the kids can sit near me."

I walk around the house, with so much to do, but completely bogged by down by what I am thinking about.

Is this really our life?

Yesterday I called my Mom. I mostly cried but she still listened to me. I told her how I wasn't doing a good job at anything and I didn't think I had it in me to be what everyone needs me to be.

She said I just needed to go get a cup of coffee and regroup. She will be here in a week to help us all do things like that.

Thank GOD for Mom. Totally brings me back down to earth with a good laugh and some perspective to face the world with.

And Wayne. He is ready. And prepared. And doing it.

And so I walk around in a useless haze, trying to get my act together.

Lovely.

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:26 AM

    Val-- My son goes to Little Blessings as well and I always read and love your blog. I sit in amazement of you and all that you do. I am praying for your family extra hard this week. Take care. Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so grateful your mom will be coming soon, as personally, companionship helps me when the going gets tougher. Wish I could share a cup of coffee with you today...not too far behind you in my pouty haze :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry you all are facing another mountain. I'm holding all of you tight in prayer. Searching for a verse for you to hold onto, and I also pray for you to feel God's presence. "Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous! Do not tremble or be dismayed, for the LORD your God is with you wherever you go." Jos 1:9

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your strength is more than you know, we see it, we feel it. You're a mother after all... You were put on this Earth to do exactly what you are doing and so eloquently. And who better than to remind you of that than an older wiser mother.

    We're with you my friend.. I too wish we could share a cup a Joe.

    Sending Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tricia1:50 PM

    Sending you a BIG hug. So wish I could be there with you!

    Isaiah 40:31 (New International Version)
    but those who hope in the LORD
    will renew their strength.
    They will soar on wings like eagles;
    they will run and not grow weary,
    they will walk and not be faint.

    Sending many blessings your way. Love you!

    T

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous2:39 PM

    Thinking about you and praying extra prayers for you and your family this week. I've never met you Val but feel as though I know you through your blogs. You are one strong cookie and will get through this with flying colors.
    Love your biggest fan in Salt Lake City,
    Heather

    ReplyDelete

 
/* Use this with templates/template-twocol.html */