1.11.2010

Storage Solutions

Everyday I trip over all the shoes in the laundry room/mudroom as I enter and exit from the garage.

Everday I think about what I should do to contain the mess that multiplies by the  hour.

Everyday.

So, I did a bit of research for ideas to contain the mess, and came up with nothing for the laundry room, but something very cute for the playroom. Go figure.



Claire has a closet, but what I like about this "closet" in this picture is how cute a little display like this would be for baby doll clothing or 'dress up' clothing for your kiddo. I like it out, so you can see all the fun fabrics and patterns.



I am sure I have shared this picture before, but just incase you missed it, these crates would be very easy to make yourself. Caster wheels can be found online in fun colors or at your local hardware store if you want black or silver.




My uninspiring solution for shoes. Something everyone has and totally not blog worthy, but whatever. The first two redeem this one. Found at Target, Container Store, etc.

2 comments:

  1. I use my shoe holder hung on the inside of my coat closet and it is titled the "crap collector". I don't have a junk drawer I just keep it all in my see through closet door holder and that way it is hidden until I put a coat away but I love these things and I don't put coats away when we have guests. Just kidding!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:29 PM

    I have your solution (if you have the floor space)...page 60 of the Better Homes and Gardens special Storage publication, Early Spring 2010 (NOW ON NEWSTANDS!!)

    Something like this, but more vintage/painted in the mag http://www.homestoragewarehouse.com/spinning-shoe-rack-by-whitney-design-p-692.html

    Looks like something the kids would LOVE to put shoes on and twirl around!

    ReplyDelete

 
/* Use this with templates/template-twocol.html */