12.08.2009

Tick Tock





 Caeden says a prayer before lunch and snack time at school. It goes a little something like this:


Tick Tock Tick Tock 
This is the way we Pray
We thank our Lord Jesus Christ
For our (dinner/meal/snack) today.


Amen!




Dinner time was fast last night - 
Wayne was at the store,  Caeden was "starving!" and Claire was tired.

So I was whipping up dinner and fixing plates without time to think about much. Except, I should have thought about prayer.


Claire starting praying and looked at me as she did it. It was like she was looking right through me. I know that might seem weird to hear, but honestly, it was like the Lord was talking to me through Claire. "Pray Val."


Claire is 18 months old. She has 1 tooth. She does not walk. She says things like, "Daddy, Round and Round (ceiling fan), bye bye ..."


And now she says, "Tick Tock, Tick Tock ..."

I get choked up even now when I think about how powerful it was.  It's all I have been thinking about. 





7 comments:

  1. Oh, Claire, I needed a little hug from you today, but at least your mommy's story was a hug for my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Val..I love the quote from the Phillipians. Life is hard, but God offers us peace when we talk to him...peace for my weary heart...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:58 PM

    ...and she knows to pray!! How priceless. What a sweet little girl and a good Mom and Dad for teaching her to pray. The Lord reminds us in many ways that He is with us. What a wonderful reminder you recieved today. Blessings to you and your family during this Christmas season.
    Jenny Siedschlaw

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tricia3:36 PM

    God shows us his love and presence in simple ways. Especially through children.

    He reminds us that we are never alone especially in the times we need him the most.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is amazing what a great moment! Love you guys so much!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous6:01 PM

    Val,
    What an amazing experience to see in Claire the words you shared.
    It is the definition of prayer to see her face and little hands folded!
    Thanks be to God.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful experience!!

    ReplyDelete

 
/* Use this with templates/template-twocol.html */