11.11.2009

Now She Can See.

My grandmother passed away last night at the age of 93. Ninety three years of living, of raising her family, and worshiping our Lord.

Last night I slept with her Bible on my bedside. It's soft, black leather cover a comfort of the promises within. I fell asleep thinking of her and all she has been through ... of how her body slowly wore out - her eye sight the first to go... and I knew this is how it is supposed to be. In Heaven, she is where she belongs.

She is home... and she can see us all once again.


*Edited to add: We are heading to Rapid City tomorrow morning and will there through sometime next week. The service will be Saturday afternoon with visitation Friday evening.

6 comments:

  1. Heather Viano9:47 AM

    So sorry for your loss Val. She sounds like a truly amazing woman. Praying for you and your family...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sending you my love & hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry, seestor...you guys are always in my heart and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hugs to you Val! Drive safe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. All I can picture in my head right now is your Grandma, standing before Jesus in heaven, worshipping and praising Him with a HUGE smile on her face! She is in paradise!! Imagine...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Big Hugs!! Wishing you safe travels there and back.

    Tera

    ReplyDelete

 
/* Use this with templates/template-twocol.html */