10.07.2009

Take Two






I thought it would be the perfect night to get some pictures of the family since it's going to snow this weekend...

So. Let me just say this. Photographing my own family is nothing like photographing a client. Clients listen to you. They pay attention to directions. They are aware.

Not this clan.

By the time it was all done (about 5 minutes from start to finish) I was proclaiming "Let's just forget it!" And, "Let's just go HOME" (very dramatic of me, yes?).

No one seemed to mind that I was irritated, disheartened, or disappointed. They were bored, cold, and not really caring about the vision of loveliness I had planned.

I was pretty quiet on the way home. Caeden noticed. "Mommy, did they turn out perfectly? Will you play with me after you put baby Claire to sleep?" -- He would have said anything to get me to loosen up.

So we came home and played trains. Now he's in bed and I'm looking at these pictures - pictures of kids crying, running away, husband not paying attention or listening, and the unperfectness of it all... and think tomorrow I will think it's funny.

But not tonight. Sigh.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:13 PM

    OMG, that IS funny, you know!
    Kellie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:22 PM

    PS, I showed Dan the picture before he even read the blog, and his comment was an immediate, "Aw, that's cute!". So, I guess what this means is:
    A woman's idea of perfect (especially the mom's idea) is NOT what the man's is. And the beauty of it all???....They ARE perfect because they are of YOU! Perfect "in the moment" shots. Perfect.

    Kellie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tricia7:55 AM

    That's exactly what I was thinking Kellie!!! They are perfect photos of an amazing family!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous10:14 AM

    Beauty is always in the imperfections.
    -Otilia

    ReplyDelete

 
/* Use this with templates/template-twocol.html */