7.09.2009

Muffins

Picture Credit: Good ol' Martha

Kim is my friend and neighbor in Colorado. One morning when I was packing up the house and trying to keep two small children entertained at the same, she arrived with fresh from the oven banana chocolate chip muffins. I realize the above picture is for banana-blueberry, but it's whatever floats your boat. The blueberries are looking wonderful right now, anyway.

So anyway, I was totally stressed out, which means I was starving, too. (They seem to go hand in hand with me. Am I alone in this confession?)

Here comes Kim with these warm muffins. I ate two while standing up at the kitchen counter (quite possibly because my kitchen table and chairs were packed - or in another room - or underneath a pile of boxes). Caeden kept telling me thank you (for feeding him something other than dry cheerios). Let's just say these muffins were a big hit.

And the amazing part of this story: they are super healthy. I swear you'd never guess. Do yourself a favor and make some today. The recipe makes 36 muffins, so bring some to work, too.

Kim's Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins

Combine dry ingredients:

1 1/2 C Flour (White Whole Wheat)
1 1/2 C Flour (White Unbleached)
3 tsp. baking soda
1 1/4 C Oat Bran
8 oz. Chocolate Chips (I used the entire bag, but I am wild and crazy that way)

Cream together:
1/2 C. Butter (1 stick)
2 tsp. Almond extract
1 tsp. Vanilla extract
1/2 C Sugar

Add:
10 (that's right, I said 10) smooshed bananas (or just throw them in the mixer like I did)
2 Flax Eggs*

*Flax Eggs are an amazing thing. Mix 2 tsp. flax with 3 TBSP. water and microwave for 40-45 seconds. They turn into the consistency of eggs. All the Omega 3's and no cholesterol. Hardly any calories. I mean, come on, it practically erases the sugar.

Bake in muffin cups at 325 for 20-25 minutes.








2 comments:

  1. Love. love, love these muffins!!! So fabulous! Thanks Kim for sharing with Val because she made some and brought to the office. So YUMMY!!! Thanks also Kim and friends in Denver for taking such good care of Wayne, Val and kiddos. You Rock!!! Tricia

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be trying these out! :D

    ReplyDelete

 
/* Use this with templates/template-twocol.html */