4.30.2009

Last of the Lightheartedness

Tomorrow is Wayne's "big" appointment. We'll have his chemo schedule & all the details that comes along with that. So, today is Lindsay's next-to-last day helping us with the kids. We thought we would sneak out for lunch - so we did. J.Alexanders for a veggie burger for me and chicken strips for Wayne (as much as he tries to eat high calorie foods, the weight continues to fall off of him).

We were people watching while waiting for our food when he says, "I'm anxious about tomorrow."

Me too.

Because I know the next week(s) will be tough going, I thought I'd post one more light blog entry. Fun stuff to take the edge off...

Handmade bubblebath/paint for the kiddos that can smell like anything you want
(including frosted cupcakes) Find it HERE.

A recipe for Chocolate Mint Brownies: HERE.


The place I get Claire's super cute hair stuff. HERE.

And, last but not least, my photography teacher is giving away a free spot to her next class (which has a waiting list of 581 people). Find out details HERE.

Now I leave you with some pictures of the kids playing on the floor last night (cuz' that's just the kind of Mom I am).

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:51 PM

    It's okay to be anxious. It's huge what Wayne has to go through- what you both have to go through. I can't even imagine how scarey it is for both of you, but you can and you will get through it. What other option is there. Listen to that song I sent you a while back. The words are inspiring and it will boost your faith in God and what he has planned for you and Wayne. This is the time to lean on Him and let Him guide you and carry you through this next chapter. You aren't alone, you never have been and you never will be. You two can do this. Just keep praying.
    Love,
    Carisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:08 PM

    Well, it's dark outside. It's about 8:30pm and I thought I'd check in on you guys via your beautiful writing and pictures. We are always thinking about you.

    John and Mary are at practice for their Daddy/Daughter dance. (This is where all of the dad's of the daughters in the dance school enjoy making "fools" of themselves in front of all of their friends in order to make their daughters happy). Actually they look pretty good. In my opinion, this is one of the times when I'm most attracted to my sweet husband!

    Mark and I just finished watching "Journey to the Center of the Earth." It's a movie that is like a dream. I can see why children would love it. Kids really know how to enjoy things in a special kind of perspective. They know how to LIVE...ya know? I know you know.

    Tonight when John and I were talking in the kitchen we noticed outside that it had started to rain...and then pour. I ran to the door to call Mary and Mark inside. Not so fast...I called for John to look! Alec, Mary and Mark were playing in their bare feet, splashing in the rain. Mark even had his shirt off, whipping it around and splashing! When the rain fell harder they squealed louder! Beautiful. Kids being kids.

    Great memories were made this afternoon...even in the rain.

    Love, Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tim Bickett10:26 PM

    Val and Wayne,
    I just learned of your battle tonight from a high school friend Lisa (Colling)Neuman. I will definitely begin praying for you both as you fight this. I will keep checking back.
    God's peace be with you,
    Tim Bickett

    ReplyDelete
  4. Having actually eaten the authentic BYU Mint brownies, I have to say that if they taste ANYTHING like the original, I could never make them for fear of weighing 500lbs. seriously.

    But now they're calling to me....thanks Val :)

    ReplyDelete

 
/* Use this with templates/template-twocol.html */