3.26.2009

Humbled & Thankful


Here are Wayne and Caeden playing Doctor. The first thing Caeden wanted to do was listen to Wayne's lungs and heart (he knows the "cancer germs" are in there).

Claire with her first dolly - Baby Stella.

Watching Caeden play ...


Over the past few weeks Wayne has received cards, emails, phone calls, texts, and care packages in the mail. We have received dinners and lunches made by friends and friends - of - friends who have been so thoughtful and kind.

We are absolutely humbled by the outpouring of generosity and support we have and continue to receive. There are not words for the way we feel each time someone reaches out to us. It is the love and support that keeps us going - giving us strength (well, that and wheat grass ...).

The above pictures were taken yesterday, as we unwrapped a huge care package from his friends at Microsoft. It is the first time I have had my whits about me to take pictures.

Here is a link to pictures of my friends in Kansas drawing pictures for Caeden and Claire. (I wish I had taken pictures of them unwrapping them!)

The generosity of many has given us the opportunity to hire help for the kids as Wayne is in and out of the hospital in the month of April. To be able to be by his side while he recovers from heart surgery and 2 more rounds of chemo means the world to me - to us.

And the prayers. All of your prayers and thoughts are so appreciated. Thank you, thank you.

We love you all. Thank you for everything - and know that Wayne is one hell of a fighter. Thank you for helping us fight.

Our Love,

Wayne, Val, Caeden and Claire

8 comments:

  1. The pictures you posted today are so sweet and brought tears to my eyes as they allowed me to look even further into your lives. I am so happy that you are receiving so much help and are able to spend your days with Wayne, Caden and Claire.
    xoxo,
    cat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2:36 PM

    The picture of Caden listening to his dad's lungs in awesome. What a touching picture that is. And of course Claire's pictures are always so adorable. I pray for you and your family during the month of April as it will bring many challenges for your family. Know you are not alone in your fight. Psalm 34:18 The Lord is near to the brokenhearted and saves those crushed in spirit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:20 PM

    Wayne,

    You look FANTASTIC!!

    Val,

    Thanks for the pictures and constant updates! I have friends here who are constantly asking about all of you...Keeping you in their prayers. You are definitely loved!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous12:11 PM

    I am a friend and neighbor of Brittney Geis! She has shared your story with me and I follow your blog daily! I just wanted you to know that I have Wayne, you and your families in my prayers! I am so glad to see that you have so much support! I will continue to pray for you guys! Thanks for sharing your story! Amy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous2:38 PM

    Hey Wayne and Val,

    I just heard about your situation and I will be following and praying for you all daily.

    Isaiah 40:29
    He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak.

    I trust that you will start to see His hand heal, strengthen and restore.

    Your friend,
    marc rasmussen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Allison6:32 PM

    Hey sweeties, I'm thinking about you all & praying for you daily... beautiful pics, as always... I was remembering the other day about all our fun times waaay back in the days of SHS. :) love you all...

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's about the cutest Dr. I've ever seen.

    Good pics Val!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Shawn Johnson9:50 AM

    Hey Wayne. It's been awhile. Beautiful family. I've been thinking of you often and most of them good :). After our heart diagnosis I began to realize through God, that only our bodies can be touched by this. Our spirit has no death in it. Fear destroys the intention of creation. And this helps me at times so I'd like to give it to you and hope for comfort in times that may wear a veil of darkness. Take care and we'll be around if you need anything. Don't be shy we're all brothers and sisters. We'll grab a beer when this is over.

    Shawn

    ReplyDelete

 
/* Use this with templates/template-twocol.html */