12.17.2008

Day 2 of Project Sugar Cookie



Caeden did it all ... mixed the colors ... spread the frosting on the cookies ... added some goodies on top ... and then dug in. :) What a fun morning!

Here is my recipe for frosting. I love almond extract, so that's what I use to flavor it, but if you don't, just use more vanilla extract. I love this recipe because the frosting stays shiny, but it "sets" nicely - while still leaving the inside soft. Perfection!

Favorite Icing for Sugar Cookies

2 C powered sugar, sifted
2 TBSP softened butter
1/2 tsp. vanilla
3/4 tsp. almond extract
1 egg white (this is what makes it shiny)
1/4 C. milk

Combine egg and milk. Set aside.
Beat sugar, butter, and flavorings together.
Add small amount of milk mixture until icing is the consistency you like.
Tint with colors.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous1:53 PM

    Hey Val - I love using almond extract in my cookies and icing too! However, Branden is allergic to eggs - so we use a very yummy cookie recipe w/ cream cheese, and then my icing recipe is the same w/ the exception of the egg - we use light Karo Syrup which gives it a beautiful shine!! Just thought I'd share!! Hope to see you soon! xoxo J

    ReplyDelete

 
/* Use this with templates/template-twocol.html */