6.12.2008

First Bath



I remember the first bath I gave Caeden. I was so nervous and unsure of how to handle such a slippery baby. Caeden picked up on my unease and voiced his displeasure at (what we both knew was) amateur hour, which just made me break out into a sweat.

This time around was much different. Claire just stared at me while I lathered her up and she even smiled when I washed her hair.

I have heard your first born takes the brunt of most everything - the fumbles, the first-firsts, the well-meaning but probably overly attentiveness (picture me hovering over Caeden's crib at all hours to make sure he was still breathing ... every 3 minutes - give or take). But, it's Caeden who will always come to mind when I think of how much easier it is with Claire. Because really it's not easier, just familiar. Thanks Caeden!

(Color photo: Caeden; B&W photo: Claire)

2 comments:

  1. beautiful clean babies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very well said.

    I'm going to call Katie and thank her.

    ReplyDelete

 
/* Use this with templates/template-twocol.html */