12.04.2008

Cherry Almond Bread

Here you go, J!

This is the yummiest stuff ever. In fact, I might get to baking some right now ...
{and if I do, I'll post a picture. I don't know about you, but I never trust a recipe without a picture}


Cherry Almond Bread

1 C Butter
1 1/2 C Sugar
4 Eggs
1 C Milk
1 C Sour Cream
3 tsp. Almond Extract
4 C Flour
1 TBSP. Baking Powder
1/2 tsp. Salt
1 1/2 C (I use 2 C) Halved Maraschino Cherries
1 C Chopped Almonds (toast first)

Glaze

2 C Powdered Sugar
2 tsp. Almond Extract
2 TBSP. Milk (or enough to make glaze drizzly)

Instructions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter two 6-cup capacity bread loaf pans.

Cream butter & sugar for 3 minutes.

Add eggs (one at a time), add almond extract, milk, and sour cream.

Whisk flour, powder, and salt. Add flour mixture to cherries and almonds and incorporate into wet ingredients. Do not over-mix!

Bake 70 minutes. (Start checking bread at 55 minutes - your oven is probably different than mine...)

*Edited to Add:
I made the bread today. I had a chunk and couldn't help but think it was missing something ... the glaze, duh! I forgot to make the glaze.
Also, I don't have the gigantic loaf pans that this recipe calls for, so I used 3 normal sized loaf pans and baked them for 40 minutes.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:51 AM

    Thank you so so much!! I'm excited to make it - but probably won't get around to it until next week - so if you DO make it.... PLEASE post a pic so I can see!!!! Thanks again!! xoxo - J

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:59 AM

    Is the glaze right? 2 cups of powdered sugar to 2 tsp extract? The bread is wonderful but messed up glaze?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's what the recipe says ... maybe add some milk to thin it out...? I didn't make it (totally spaced) so I don't know? It's my mom's recipe, I'll ask her if that is right.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, it needs milk. Enough to make it drizzly. Sorry about that!

    ReplyDelete

 
/* Use this with templates/template-twocol.html */